Thank you for your interest in attending the 12th annual Global Youth Day Conference; Restoring Balance on Mother Earth by Reclaiming our Responsibilities: Youth Taking Action on Climate Change at PACE @ PCVS. We are so excited to have you with us.
Please complete this form to register for the 2015 Global Youth Day conference (registration is on a first-come-first serve basis). Registration has been extended!
Once your registration has been processed, you will be redirected to a confirmation page with conference details. If you don't see this page, your registration hasn't been received.
Please call 705-748-1680 or email email@example.com if you run into any difficulties. We appreciate you taking the time to fill out this form, which will ensure we can accommodate everyone’s needs and have a fun and enjoyable conference!
As part of the registration, participants are invited to make workshop selections (your top 3 choices). You will be able to attend a total of TWO workshop presentations at GYD (one in the morning, and one in the afternoon); we hope they will be your top choice, but we cannot guarantee this (See Workshop Overview for the specifics on these workshops).
What To Expect
- Youth are expected to participate in the full-day conference (the conference begins at 9:00 AM sharp. Please arrive by 8:30 AM to check-in and pick-up your registration package).
- All workshops (with the exception of Blanket Exercise & Healing our Nation) are youth-only spaces, we ask that you please respect this.
- This conference is FREE of charge thanks to our generous sponsors.
- PACE at PCVS is partially accessible. Please let us know if you require any other assistance or modifications that will enable your optimal participation.
- There will be a youth photographer/videographer taking photos and footage during the conference, which may be used for promotional materials as well as on the KWIC website. If you do not wish to be a part of this, please let the organizing team know, as well as the photographer upon your arrival at PCVS.
- Since a main theme of this year’s conference is restoring respect and our relationship with the Original Peoples of this land and different ways of knowing, seeing or being in the world, various cultural practices i.e.: cleansing or smudging with medicines such as sage, or sweetgrass will be present (though participation in such activities is not mandatory).
What To Bring
- We ask that all participants come with a good attitude, keeping RESPECT in mind; that is respect for self, others, and the space we are in.
- Local businesses will be catering vegetarian/vegan snacks and lunch. In the case we cannot accommodate your food allergies or dietary restrictions, we suggest that youth with peanut or other severe allergies please pack a lunch. There is a place on the registration form inquiring about any dietary restrictions, allergies, and other accessibility related concerns, please identify yourself.
- Bring your own REUSABLE MUG and DISH PACK (if you can) and have your name entered in a draw for some great DOOR PRIZES!
- If you aren't attending with your class or a group, please bring your CONSENT form with you and present it upon checking in.